Meaning of Contentment, attributes of contentment, the importance of contentment, benefits of contentment, guidelines for cultivating contentment in life, and the effects of lack of contentment.
Meaning of contentment or the attributes of developing a contented life: this article will enlighten you more on how to live a contented life.
Contentment simply means a state of being satisfied with what one has. A contented person doesn’t get riches against the law. The person is one who is aware that contentment starts from the inside with a satisfied mind and a cheerful heart. A contented person is one who is satisfied with who they are and what they have. And are not looking or demanding for more.
Contentment is being thankful and satisfied with what you have.
- Humility: A contended person is always humble, and does not make noise over whatever he /she has.
- Hatred for greed: Greed is the state of one not being contented with what he/she has. A contented person does away with greed.
- Shuns envy: Envy is the act of wanting to get something by all means or manner either from someone. A contended person looks away from envy.
- Satisfaction: Satisfaction is the state of being contented and an act of deriving happiness in what a person has. A contended person will always develop satisfied with whatever he/she has.
- Being contented helps to do away with jealousy and envy in people
- It leads to a peaceful and a well-developed society
- Help in promoting tolerance in the country
- It reduces the feelings of inferiority complex among the people
- It gives a person a calm heart
Discontentment is the state of developing dissatisfaction, unhappiness, impatience, greediness, and discontent.
- Peace of mind: Contentment brings happiness and peace of mind that can ease growth and self-improvement
- Happiness: Contentment promotes happiness
- Stronger relationships: Contentment promote a long-lasting relationship
- Distinguishing wants and needs
- If you discover yourself unhappy with something or someone, pause!
- Stop buying stuff you yourself don’t need
- Show people, you welcome them
- Practice appreciation
- Learn to take pleasure in simple things that don’t cost money
- Live in the moment
- lack of contentment make a man greedy.
- It leads to corruption.
- lack of contentment leads to cheating.
- It results in envy and jealousy.
- Discontent and unhappiness can lead to depression.
- lack of contentment can lead to prostitution.
- It can lead to theft.
Contentment can help you know between wants and needs. The abundance of the present is enough to live a happy and healthy life.
Contentment often leads to the understanding that joy doesn’t come from material things.
If you think this post can be useful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!